The founder: Ferdinand Menrad.

In 1896 the goldsmith Ferdinand Menrad founds his company, the “Württembergische Optische Industrie-Anstalt Ferdinand Menrad” in Schwäbisch Gmünd.

 

The company name plate:

The original company name plate at the turn of the century.  Around 1910 Ferdinand Menrad had more than 50 employees.  Even in those early days the company possessed a substantial inventory of machinery for the various stages of production.  Among others spinning, reduction, hammering, drilling and milling machines.

The company's head office:

For 60 years the company's head office was located at Königstrasse in Schwäbisch Gmünd.